Starting at $6,450
Rustic Trail Teardrops is pleased to welcome the Koala to our Bear family! The Koala does not take the place of any of our current campers but instead adds further value for our awesome customers. If you desire an affordable teardrop but need more than just crawl in bed on wheels the Koala is your answer! The front walkway section when you enter the camper is perfect for pets to sleep or an area to get changed with the 5′ tall ceilings. Select the optional AC and you are ready for almost any camping weather in the Koala!
Take to the Open Road in
Our Most Affordable Camper!
Starting at only $6,450 the Koala Bear is designed for those looking to move from a tent into the protection and convenience of a hard shell camper. Built with the same quality and strength of all of our Rustic Trail Teardrop Campers, the Koala provides an excellent value and ensures years of camping fun. Each camper is hand-built with care and comes with a 1-year warranty.
Check Out The Koala Video Tour
Built Simple. Built Strong.
The Koala Bear may be light at 1,100 lbs. but it is built strong with high-quality materials. No particleboard is used in our campers, instead, beautiful knotty pine birch lines the interior ceiling giving you a truly rustic feel. A shelf also crafted from birch comes standard to store your gear. Interior flooring is a heavy-duty wood plank vinyl designed to withstand years of camping.
Koala Bear Key Standard Features
✔ Heavy-duty 3,500 lb. rated axle with 15″ tires
✔ Standard electric brakes
✔ Foam board insulated roof + radiant barrier for increased R-value (new for 2021 models!)
✔ Standard 2″ rear receiver for bikes and cargo
✔ Standard MaxxAir vent/fan
✔ Standard full-size spare tire
✔ Front interior shelf crafted from birch with a rustic routered edge
✔ Dual USB charging ports in the rear
✔ Front interior power strip with USB ports
✔ 15 Amp shore power connection
Your Koala Bear. Your Way.
We want you to love your camper and that starts with customizing it to make it your own. With over six different options available you can select the ones that are most important to you to maximize your camping enjoyment.
Koala Bear Available Options:
• Optional 5,000 BTU A/C
• Optional front rack
• Optional front rack toolbox
• Optional twin platform bed
• Optional queen pull-out size bed
• Optional outside table
• Free optional 3″ colored racing stripe
• Main Entry Door with Screen + window & sunshade
• MaxxAir Vent Cover
Shown with optional equipment
We are a family-owned and operated teardrop camper company. Our goal is to build an affordable, handcrafted, and easy to tow teardrop camper that will allow you to create years of camping memories. Our campers are built one at a time according to each customer’s camper order. It would be an honor to build yours.
The Koala Bear comes standard with:
- 3,500 Lb. Heavy-duty Dexter easy lube axle
- Electric Trailer Brakes
- 15″ Tires ST205/75R15 mounted on grey steel rims
- Full-size mounted spare tire
- Interior LED Lights
- Front Electrical Strip with USB Ports
- Maxxair Roof Fan/Vent
- Smoke Detector
- Step Stool for easy entrance
- Dual USB Charging Ports located at the head of the bed
- Front door with separating screen door
- Two sliding windows with screens and integrated locks
- Rear 2″ Receiver (250 Lbs. capacity) – Perfect for bikes
- (2) Folding rear stabilizer jacks
Koala Bear bedding options include:
- Twin-size Platform Bed with Mattress
- Tri-Fold Queen Mattress – Sits on Floor
- Order without a mattress and customize on your own
Below are general specs on the Koala Bear model
Please note: All trailer weights used in product literature and other promotional materials, does not include
cargo, options, or other installed accessories. Please refer to the options tab to see the approximate weights of optional equipment.
Customize your bear!
Available Koala Bear Options
Weighs: 40 Lbs.
This ‘Cool’ Option Includes:
- 5,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Includes custom vent cover to keep AC clean and protects from damage!
- Perfect for those hot summer camping days!
- Must be plugged into shore power to operate
Twin-Size Platform Bed
Weighs: 95 Lbs.
Perfect for one person. Comes with mattress.
Queen Pull-out Platform Bed
Weighs: 105 Lbs.
Go from couch mode to queen bed mode easily! Comes with a tri-fold mattress.
Tri-Fold Queen Mattress
Weighs: 30 Lbs.
Tri-Fold queen mattress that sits on the floor.
Weighs: 30 Lbs.
Perfect to store your gear and extra equipment!
Can hold up to 250 Lbs.!
Weighs: 15 Lbs.
Clips into the door side of the camper. The table fits into the underfloor storage!
MaxxAir Vent Cover
- Operate the standard MaxxAir Fan in the rain!
- Protects the MaxxAir Fan from damage
Personalize your RTTC and a splash of color with this FREE 3″ vinyl stripe option. Over 20 different color choices are available! Check them out when you build & order your RTTC.